We are all born the same. With an almost empty mind. We all have an individual purpose here on earth. Yet we seem to evolve into adulthood and most of us feel inferior. Unsure of our purpose. We feel that we are not enough. Not smart enough. Attractive enough. Organised enough. Wealthy enough. That nagging voice in our heads (we all have them) that constantly says we ‘should’ be better.
Well guess what? You ARE enough, just as you are. You are a unique being that is destined for greatness. That doesn’t necessarily mean that your destiny is to be famous. What it means is that it’s ok to be you without trying to always be more.
It means it’s ok to get to the end of every day and celebrate what you did do.
Pause for applause at the little things. Even if all you did was get up, eat, work (in a paid job or as a parent/carer) and go to bed. THAT is an achievement. And that is enough, in that moment.
What’s not ok is to get to the end of everyday and chastise yourself with the ‘shoulds’. ‘I should have done this’ or ‘I should have done that’.
Remind yourself ‘if you should have, you would have’!
Here’s 5 reasons why you are enough just as you are. Embrace them.
- You are doing the best you can in any given moment, at that given moment. Accept things just the way they are. If you don’t like them, you can change them. What you can’t do is change the past. Worrying about what you haven’t done or where you ‘should’ be in your life is not going to do anything except increase your stress and anxiety.
- Life is journey and every experience shapes you to be the way you are. Good things come out of adversity, it just doesn’t feel like it at the time. The paths you have chosen to follow have led you to where you are and that is where you are meant to be. You can change if that is what you want but you are unique because of the journey you have had. No-one else has experienced a journey the same as yours.
- You are unique. You are beautiful. Comparing ourselves to others is one of the worst things we can do. You are you and that is wonderful and something to be celebrated. Our inner critic can have a field day if you allow it, always telling you that you aren’t enough. You are enough and you uniqueness is perfect.
- There are other people out there that you connect with. You may not have met them yet, but they are out there. As much as we are all unique we all have members of our tribe surrounding us. Whether we know it or not. Often feel like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole? Give up trying to fit in. Your tribe is out there. The more you accept that you are enough just as you are, the more members of your tribe will appear. And when they do you are going to be so grateful that you gave up trying to jam your square ‘pegness’ into that round hole.
- You have a gift to share with the world. You may not know what that gift is yet. Your journey has shaped you into who you are today and when you discover your gift (if you haven’t already) you will be able to share it. Because of who you are and the paths you have taken to get here, today. These experiences make you into the unique person you are and that is enough.
Now is the time to embrace your uniqueness. To follow your heart and stop trying to be the square peg trying to fit into the round hole. You are enough just as you are. Right here, right now.
Nourish YOU. Not just with real food full of deliciousness, but your mind and body as well. Accept yourself just as you are and your journey from here will be remarkable.
If you are in the Pilbara next weekend there is a perfect opportunity to nourish yourself at our ‘Manifesting Wellness & Direction’ Retreat at Point Samson on the 21/11/15. Click here for more info.