As a curious person I am intrigued by people. What they eat, how they spend their time and money. How kind they are to themselves. How they treat others. People are so interesting. In my work as a lifestyle coach I am amazed at how different we are. Such individuals!
My question is do you or don’t you eat breakfast regularly.
Preference for me is to breakfast. I am not a particularly pleasant person to be around if I haven’t had breakfast and I believe it sets me up for the day. If I have a nutrient dense breakfast that is delicious and nutritious, I have a better day. I eat bettwer throughout the day, am more focussed and more unlikely to run out of energy before the day ends.
Once upon a time I was a cereal girl. Now I mostly have a cooked breakfast, varying daily dependent on time and taste.
- Firm boiled eggs broken up, on top of a green salad with roast sweet potato (preprepared) sprinkled with pepitas
- 2 egg omelette made in 2 batches (just beaten egg cooked in a crepe pan with a smear of coconut oil) filled with spinach, grated carrot sliced mushroom, avocado and smoked salmon (optional)
- Frittata with every veg I can find (leftovers great for lunch)
- Sweet potato cakes topped with warmed spinach and 2 poached eggs
- Mushrooms fried in coconut oil with lemon thyme, spinach, poached eggs on top of roast pumpkin/sweet potato
- Steamed rice (1/2c) with grated carrot, zucchini, spinach, fresh coriander and 1-2 firm boiled eggs torn on top plus pumpkin seeds
My uncooked breakfast choice is down to three choices
- LSA (linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds blended until fine), chia seeds, cinnamon and vanilla essence with fresh/frozen berries and hot water to blend, topped with homemade almond milk
- smoothie with fresh almond milk, frozen berries, half a banana and some as natural as possible protein powder
- good bread toast (this is effectively cooked, but still in my uncooked selection) with nut butter and banana or avocado, spinach leaves and smoked salmon
Exercise happens for me in the morning, 6 days a week around 5.30 – 7am. You’ll find me on a road bike or a mountain bike (my favourite), with the trails just 5 minutes from my door (ah the joys of a country town). That makes me hungry and if I miss breakfast I really notice a downhill spiral in my morning that can then leach into my afternoon.
Here’s some questions for you can ask yourself.
- What is your morning preference?
- To breakfast or not to breakfast?
- If you breakfast, how does it make a difference to your day?
- If you don’t breakfast how does it impact your day?
- Would you like to have breakfast but can’t fit it into your routine (yet)?
I’d love to know your answers.
Here’s a survey in the meantime that will be done in a few clicks.
Thanks so much!